If you plan to visit Mystic CT, make sure to check out Olde Mistick Village for a unique shopping and dining experience within a Colonial Style neighborhood setting. Located next to the Mystic Aquarium, the charming Mystic village is full of cute boutiques, delicious restaurants, and fun activities for all ages.
There’s plenty to see and do in Mystic Village. Whether you’re looking for a casual bite to eat or a local souvenir to take home, you’re sure to enjoy your visit to this charming village.
What Is Olde Mistick Village?
The village is a shopping and dining destination located in Mystic, Connecticut. It features unique shops and restaurants, as well as a variety of entertainment options. The village also hosts special events throughout the year, such as concerts and holiday celebrations.
Shopping in Olde Mistick Village
Olde Mistick Village is home to a variety of boutique shops offering everything from handmade jewelry and clothing to home decor and gifts.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Cloak and Wand is a local wizarding and witchcraft shop. It’s a must for any Harry Potter fan as they carry many themed items. The Potion Bar is a fun area in the shop where you can make a custom “potion” drink using more than 60 different flavors.
- Franklin’s General Store is a favorite among locals and tourists alike. You’ll find specialty local foods, fresh fudge, toys, and unique gifts.
- Kitch offers a wide variety of kitchen finds from tools to gourmet food. They even offer cooking classes in their Mystic village shop!
- Sofia’s Mystical Christmas is where you’ll find holiday items all year long.
- Penguins, Otters & Others has a variety of marine life related merchandise.
- Toy Solider is a great place to get fun toys for your little ones.
- Sticky Situations allows you to sample their collection of honey samples so you know you’ll love the flavor before buying.
- Extra Virgin Oil Store lets you sample all their delicious handcrafted infused oils and raw vinegars right in the shop!
Dining in Olde Mistick Village
There are several Mystic Village restaurants you’ll want to check out. They offer everything from casual bites to fine dining.
Here are some of the options.
- Pink Basil offers a variety of Asian dishes and sushi. Choose from delicious appetizers, soups, salads, and curry in addition to tasty entrees and fried rice.
- Mango’s Wood Fired
Pizzahas a lot more than pizza. You can also order appetizers, salads, sandwiches, and craft beer. The handmade wood-fired pizzais one of the best in Connecticut and they have a wide variety of toppings to choose from.
- Jealous Monk is a popular social garden and beer hall in the Mystic village. While the beer is the top attraction, they have some tasty bites as well. You’ll find appetizers, salads, entrees, burgers, and sandwiches on the menu. There’s also a good selection of adult beverages including cocktails and wine.
- Bleu Squid is a cozy cafe with excellent breakfast and lunch options. There’s also a bakery if you want something sweet with a cup of coffee.
- Steak Loft is a great place to go for dinner but they offer a nice lunch as well. For a casual meal, you may want to sit in the bar area which is a little more relaxed than the dining room areas. Although they are well known for their steak dishes, they have excellent appetizers, soups, salads, chicken, and seafood choices as well.
- The Boardwalk is a place where you can grab some classic street food. It’s a good stop for a light lunch or quick snack. They have drinks, fried foods, and sweets. If it’s a hot day, grab some ice cream to cool off.
- Deviant Donuts is a great place to try small-batch gourmet donuts with coffee or tea. They even have vegan and gluten-sensitive donut options!
More Things To Do
The Mystic Village is perfect for a leisurely walk on a nice day and there are plenty of benches if you want to sit and relax. There’s also a small duck pond by the Kitch store where you can enjoy the view.
The shops and restaurants are open daily but hours can vary. Before heading out, check out the official website for the most current information.
You can even bring your dog to the Olde Mistick Village in CT. But dogs must be on a leash at all times and cannot enter any of the shops or restaurants.
Watch a great movie in style at the Mystic Luxury Cinema. There’s always a good selection of films to choose from and there may even be one featuring your favorite British actors.
You’ll be seated comfortably in reclining lounge chairs that come with heat. You can also get delicious hot foods and buttery popcorn to enjoy while watching the show. As an added benefit, there’s a nice selection of local wine and beer.
One reviewer at Foursquare states, “The heated leather recliners sure make it easier to see a movie in winter.”
The Mystic village hosts various events throughout the year so be sure to check out their schedule. The annual holiday light display is always a favorite in December. Past events have included food festivals, live music, special displays, and more.
Other Places To Visit in Mystic
In addition to shopping and dining, Olde Mistick Village is also home to a few other fun activities to enjoy during your visit. Here are a few options:
- Mystic River Park is the perfect spot to take a leisurely stroll along the Mystic River on the scenic boardwalk, which features beautiful views of the water in downtown Mystic.
- Mystic Aquarium is right next to the village. The sea lion show alone is worth the visit.
- Mystic Seaport is a short drive from Mystic Village. This maritime museum is a must-visit for history buffs, offering interactive exhibits along the Mystic River.